AP Photo/Cliff Owen

Police Clear Out GWU Encampment After Call for Beheadings, May Have Moved in for More Ignoble Reason

George Washington University has been begging for help from the police for days to help clear out the campus encampment that had been set up there by the radical Gaza activists. 

The President released a statement that what was currently happening was not peaceful protest, that it was “an illegal and potentially dangerous occupation of GW property” and “It is also essential to highlight that at no point was this encampment lawful.”

We reported previously what they had done to the statue of George Washington, defacing it and covering him in a keffiyeh and a Palestinian flag. 

The activists even held mock trials for university officials, pronounced them guilty, and chanted about beheadings. You can see the video on X here

“Guillotine, Guillotine, Guillotine, Guillotine” a person repeatedly chanted as others joined in, while some specifically targeted Christopher Alan Bracey, GW’s African American provost, The National Desk (TND) reported. “Bracey, Bracey we see you, you assault students too.”
“To the guillotine,” another can be heard shouting, per the report. “Off to the motherf****** gallows with you too.” 

That supposedly happened on May 3. 

But the police failed to come in even in spite of all that, despite the fact the school has been begging for help since at least the week before, as we reported on April 27.

Read More: 

GW Protesters Show How Much They Hate America With What They Did to Statue of George Washington

District of Columbia Police Reject George Washington University Request to Clear Pro-Hamas Encampment

Police finally came in and cleared the encampment on Wednesday morning at about 3:30 a.m. 

Here’s the “found out” moment: 

At least 35 people were arrested after police moved in, including some for assault on police, as it got violent in response. 

They finally also removed the keffiyeh and Palestinian flag from the George Washington statue. 

Why did they only move in now, rather than back when they were chanting about beheadings on May 3? 

Mayor Muriel Bowser and police chief Pamela Smith are supposed to testify before the House Oversight Committee on Wednesday to talk about the encampment and safety concerns. They knew they were up a creek without a paddle, so I think they went in so they could at least now say, “Hey, we did it.” But this is disgraceful that it took so long to get to this point. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WATCH: Painter Teaches Pro-Hamas ‘Protesters’ a Hilarious and Valuable Lesson After They Try to Block Him

Israel: We Will Not Confirm or Deny that Biden Is Withholding Weapons